Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Spy

Today was all about observations. I observed several classes to see different teachers' styles. I also observed some of the kids I'll be working with. I observed a special education class where children were working on reading and math. It was good to see the detailed instruction that the children received.

I also spent a lot of time reading files today to prepare for counseling and assessments. The case histories are always really interesting. It's like doing detective work, "Here's the evidence that's been gathered, what do you make of it?" So far I have found a few inconsistencies with one of the files. I like trying to follow the paper trail to see where someone screwed up. I guess it's still fun because I haven't put faces or personalities to these files yet. Once they become real I'm sure I'll feel differently. Until then I'll continue to read files with the Law & Order chime going off in my head. Dong-dong!

BBC

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter