Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Froze

Today I froze when I could have handled a situation. I wasn't ready to dive right into a situation until I was acclimated to the school. Well, a teacher ran into the teacher's lounge when I was having lunch and asked for support services. Then she pointed at me and said, "You!?" And I looked at her and shook my head no." I probably had a look of sheer terror on my face. I really didn't know what kind of crisis was happening and I didn't want to get involved in something crazy just yet. In the end it was a crying child. I'm starting to sense a trend here.

For the majority of the day we looked at the special ed modifications that students required in the classroom. We discussed these with the teachers. Most of them seemed receptive to the information. There were a couple that didn't take it seriously. I was glad to see my supervisor remind them that the IEP was a legal document to be taken seriously. I was able to get the inside scoop on teachers that were likely to cause problems by not adhering to the modifications that were suggested. We shall see.

BBC

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter