Tuesday, October 03, 2006

School Shootings, Should I Be On Alert???

All the recent school shootings sort of have me on edge. I had a meeting with my supervisor today and we sort of glossed over it. I wish we were a little more proactive about what to do if something happens. We have a crisis plan, but I'm not sure what it entails. We don't have metal detectors in my school, and I don't think they are necessary, it is an elementary school. But some of these recent shootings involved outside people coming into the school and holding children hostage. That could happen just about anywhere, but I hope it doesn't happen in my school.

All this coverage makes me wonder about copycats. I wonder if the news coverage gives some disturbed people the idea of shooting up a school. I'm not trying to blame the media, but you do have to wonder.

BBC

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter