Monday, October 16, 2006

The Principal's Office

As an intern I'm trying to soak up every single experience. On days when we've had meetings I've attended most of them. Sometimes it does get ridiculous the number of people who show up for the meetings. For some meetings there could be the principal, reg. ed. teacher, spec. ed. teacher, school counselor, school psychologist, social worker, nurse, and mental health interns. That's not including the parent. I can see how the whole experience can be unnerving, especially for those people who are uncomfortable with being in school.

For a parent that spent too much time in the principal's office, coming back to school to discuss their child must be horrifying. I think I will be a little more receptive of this and not attend so many meetings. Besides, I have plenty of things to keep me busy.

BBC

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter