Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hablas ingles???

So I've been rolling along with my assessment and counseling cases so far. There is this one kid that I haven't met with yet and I realize that it's because I need to speak to the parents first. My supervisor suspects that the parents only speak Spanish, so communicating with them will be hard. My Spanish is really rusty, so I have been reluctant to call them. I really don't want to get caught on the phone sounding like an idiot. I need to take a refresher course in Spanish pronto. It's really silly for me not to. I would be extra attractive as a school psychologist job candidate if I could add Spanish to my repertoire. Tons of school districts need bilingual school psycholoigists, I need to get this done. I know that if I took the time to refresh myself and spent more time speaking with others, I could be a decent Spanish speaker. I won't be translating Cervantes anytime soon, though.

BBC

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter