Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Live from the NASP Convention in Boston - Day 1

I'm reporting live from the NASP Convention in Boston. Despite everyone's grumblings about having to travel to New England in February for a convention, the weather hasn't been that bad. It isn't snowing, so that's always a plus.

My initial impression of the convention is that the association has done a poor job of gauging how popular some of the free workshops would be vs. the ones that are real duds. I've either attended or tried to attend 3 very popular free workshops and they have all been standing room only. Meanwhile I attended one session that had a ballroom and it was a 1/4 full. What gives, NASP?

I attended a session run by Cecil Reynolds, professor from Texas A & M, and frequent NASP listserv contributor. He's really nice and personable in person, too bad he comes off as a prick online. That's my assessment so far. More later.

BBC

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter