Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Last Day

My principal retired on Friday. It was a weird day because everyone wanted it to be over, yet at the same time didn't want it to end. My principal helped transform my school into a school that has a successful positive behavior support system, great teachers, awesome students, and a warm and supportive climate. She will be missed. I realize how fortunate I was to have a positive relationship with an administrator. It seems that for most people in my profession this is not the norm. I think that part of the reason we had such a great relationship was the fact that she didn't supervise or evaluate me. We also had great conversations that expanded beyond the day-to-day building business. I will miss working with her.

The new principal starts July 1st and plans on meeting with staff individually during the summer. It should be interesting to see how things will be different.

I'm off for the summer. I plan on taking full advantage this year. Last summer flew by and I was really disgruntled by the time the new school year began. I'm going to enjoy this summer to the fullest.

BBC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog, I hadn't come across theblackbriefcase.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Keep up the superb work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at theblackbriefcase.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Peter

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone,

I really immensly enjoy this blog, keep up the good work!
Let me know what you think about my explanations regarding hypnotherapy.

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter