Wednesday, February 27, 2008

IDK

Every now and then I feel frustrated with my job. I can't help but feel that people are expecting me to be an expert in everything. I'm now more aware of what I don't know and it makes mad because I wish we had these conversations in class when I had the time. I don't have all the answers. I know that I'm not supposed to have them all now, but sometimes I feel like people expect me too. I hate having to say "I don't know." It makes me feel stupid and unprofessional. On the other hand, I guess it's better than giving some bad advice. That could go horribly wrong.

I guess I have to take it upon myself to find relevant professional development opportunities. I also need to continue to read and research. Exactly what I wanted to avoid once I graduated. Education never ends.

BBC

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you wanted to stop researching when you finished school?? librarian is sad :(

Let me know if you need a research consultation :)

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter